What a treat! It’s been a gorgeous weekend here with sunshine and clear blue skies bringing out the flowering spring bulbs in the garden. Tony’s been working all weekend, but the boys have all been in top spirits and have been outside more than they’ve been in – yay!
Matty and I made a batch of gluten, diary, egg and soya free biscuits and along with their friends, the boys had fun icing them. Have to say, there weren’t many left by this evening, but hey ho, I’ll just have to make more tomorrow.
Here are a few:
These biscuits are lovely and crunchy…and they stay that way in the tin. If you’d like to make them, here’s the recipe. You can substitute the ‘real’ ingredients where you like according to your particular mix of allergies!
7.5ozs plain gluten free flour
3ozs dairy free ‘butter’
3ozs light brown sugar
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 tbsp gluten free oats
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Dairy free milk if needed to make a dough that sticks together
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until you have a dough that can be worked into a ball with your hands
- Refridgerate for 1/2 hr if you have time – often I don’t!
- Roll out the dough on a floured board to about 1/2cm thick max.
- Cut out your shapes with cookie cutters
- Bake in the oven at 170degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Cool for 10 minutes on the tray and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you bake them! We think they taste deliciously similar to digestives!